Strawberry lemon baked donuts
- Nonstick spray
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp finely gratedlemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries,cut into very small pieces
- ⅓ cup roughly crumbledfreeze-dried strawberries
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 6-slot silicone donut pan (¼-cup capacity each) withnonstick spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg and granulated sugar. Add milk, lemon juice, and vanilla;whisk well.
- Add flour, lemon zest, baking powder, andsalt; stir well. Add fresh strawberries to batter;gently fold to incorporate.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared panwith spoon (or you can place batter in zip-closeplastic bag, cut off a corner, and pipe into pan).
- Bake 16 minutes; let cool in pan, about10 minutes. Using knife, gently nudge donutsaround edges to remove from pan.
- When cool, sprinkle with freeze-driedstrawberries; dust with powdered sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!