Moroccan Lamb Orzo
Moroccan Lamb Orzo
- 2 cup Sysco Simply Plant Based Veggie Pasta – Orzo
- 1 tbsp Arrezzio Imperial olive oil
- 1 tbsp Imperial Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Sysco Classic slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp Arrezzio Imperial olive oil
- 2 pound Buckhead/Newport lamb shoulder, cubed
- 5 medium Imperial Fresh carrots, diced
- 1 large Imperial Fresh yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp Imperial/McCormick ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Imperial/McCormick ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Imperial/McCormick turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Sysco Classic kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Imperial/McCormick ground black pepper
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup Sysco Imperial golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cup Sysco Classic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Arrezzio Classic green olives, halved
- Prepare Plant Based Veggie Pasta – Orzo as label directs;drain. Toss oil, parsley and Plant Based Veggie Pasta – Orzoin a bowl. Makes about 4 cups.
- Moroccan Lamb: Heat oil in a saucepot over medium-high heat.Add lamb; cook until browned, about 5 minutes,stirring occasionally
- Transfer lamb to sheet tray. Add carrots and onion to samesaucepot; cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirringoccasionally
- Add cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper;cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock; heat to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low.Stir in raisins and lamb; cover and cook until lamb is verytender, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chickpeas and olives; cook until heated through, about5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Hold warm in a steam tablefor service. Makes about 8 cups
- To serve, heat a portion of Plant Based Veggie Pasta – Orzomixture in a sauté pan over medium heat until heated through,about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; stir in a portion ofMoroccan lamb and serve sprinkled with a portion of almonds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!