- 1 lb. boneless & skinless chicken breast,cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped scallion
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 orange
- white rice, for serving
- Toss the chicken with the egg in a bowl.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, and black pepperin a separate small bowl and mix.
- Coat the chicken with the cornstarch mixture.Shake off any excess cornstarch.
- Insert the basket into the air fryer.
- Press the French Fry Button (400° F/204° C)and set the cooking time to 3 mins.
- Place the chicken in the basket. Insert the basketinto the air fryer.
- Press the French Fry Button (400° F/204° C)and set the cooking time to 15 mins.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a pan andbring to a boil on the stove top. Then, lower theheat to simmer. Cook until reduced by half.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Add the sauce and toss to coat
- Serve the chicken over white rice with an extradrizzle of orange sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!