- 1 1-lb. block mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 oz. tomato sauce, warm, for dipping
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 3 x ½-in. sticks.
- Pour the flour into a bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in a second bowland mix.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Dip the mozzarella sticks into the flour, then theegg mixture, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Lay the breaded mozzarella sticks on a bakingsheet. Place the sheet in the freezer until thesticks become solid (1–2 hrs.).
- Insert the basket into the air fryer.
- Press the French Fries Button (400° F/204° C)and set the cooking time to 3 mins. Let the airfryer preheat.
- Place the mozzarella sticks in the basket, beingcareful not to overfill. Insert the basket into theair fryer.
- Press the French Fries Button (400° F/204° C)and set the cooking time to 12 mins.
- Serve the mozzarella sticks with the tomato sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!