- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled & minced
- 1 small onion, peeled & minced
- ½ green pepper, seeded & diced
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup tomato salsa
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 pack empanada shells
- Place a sauté pan on the stove top. Heat the olive oil over high heat, add the ground beef,and cook until the meat is browned. Discard anyexcess fat.
- Add the garlic and onion, cover the pan, andcook for 4 mins.
- Lower the heat to low. Add the green pepper,cumin, salsa, sea salt, and black pepper andcook for 10 mins.
- Combine the egg and milk to make an egg wash
- Place each empanada shell on the countertop.Add some of the cooked beef to half of theshells. Brush the edges of the shells with the eggwash, fold the dough over the meat, seal with afork, and brush with the egg wash.
- Insert the basket into the air fryer.
- Press the French Fry Button (400° F/204° C)and set the cooking time to 3 mins. Let the airfryer preheat.
- Place the empanadas (one or two per batch) inthe basket. Insert the basket into the air fryer.
- Press the French Fry Button (400° F/204° C) andset the cooking time to 10 mins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!