- giblets from turkey (neck,liver, kidneys, heart)
- 3 loaves of bread
- 1 very small celery stalk
- 1 large onion
- 1 bundle fresh parsley
- 1/2 bag of cubed dressing(Pepperidge Farms orArnolds)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups of water (atleast)
- Remove crust from bread and rip into small pieces
- Remove giblets from turkey (neck, liver, kidneys, heart),put in sauce pan with enough water to cover (at least 3 1⁄2cups), and cook stove top about 15 minutes. Let cool andreserve the liquid and liver.
- Finely chop celery and onion
- Remove parsley leaves from stems
- Cut up liver into fine, small pieces.
- Mix bread, celery, onion, parsley, eggs, dressing, salt,pepper, liver, and poultry seasoning.
- Add the giblet water to the mixture about 3 cups).
- Mix well until everything is very wet.OPTIONAL: Leave wet mixture in fridge over night for amore flavorful experience
- Mold wet mixture into hand sized balls
- Wrap 1 strip of bacon around each ball
- Place balls on non-stick cookie sheet
- Cook in oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes then broil tilbacon is cooked but not crisp.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!