- 10 cups dry seasonedstuffing such as PepperidgeFarms Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- sage (if desired, to taste)
- 2-4 cups chicken stock
- In a large frying pan or skillet over medium heat, cooksausage until mostly browned, crumbling with a woodenspoon or spatula.
- Add onions, parsley, and celery. Cook together for 5minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heatand let cool slightly.
- Pour dry seasoned stuffing into a large bowl or 9×13"baking pan. Add sausage-vegetable mixture, sage, and eggto stuffing in pan. Pour over 2 cups chicken stock and mixwell to combine. Add more chicken stock, as desired, toreach desired moistness: 2 cups total for a drier stuffing, 4cups for a much moister, denser stuffing (our preference).
- Stuff in your turkey and bake as directed, or bake in a9×13" pan at 350º F for 35-40 minutes. Remove from ovenand serve alongside carved turkey or chicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!