- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Beat together egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients and blend thoroughly,but do not over-beat.
- Spoon batter into 8" square (buttered) baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightlybrowned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!