Left Over Turkey Pot Pie
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 pie crust – store bought
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot
- 2 cups leftover turkey
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 to 3 cups of low-sodiumchicken or turkey broth (addmore as needed)
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- (optional) frozen peas
- resh thyme chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 400.
- Melt butter in skillet or Dutch oven and add onion,carrots, celery, and cook until translucent.
- Add turkey and stir. Sprinkle flour over mixture and setdown to medium heat and stir every couple of minutes.
- Pour broth and stir constantly. Splash in as much wine asyou like! Pour in peas (if you’d like).
- Pour mixture into casserole dish or deep pie pan.
- Add sage and roll out the pie crust, place on top part andpress into the sides of the dish. Cut vents in the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly and thecrust is done. Allow some time to cool before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!