- 2 cups grated coconut
- 3 cups granulated sugar (or1 lb brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ginger (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a thick bottomed saucepan.
- Boil until coconut is cooked and the liquid dries up andthe mixture is sticky enough to holdtogether.
- Remove from heat and beat mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drop onto a greased tray or pour into square dish andpress with back of spoon.
- When cool, cut with knife and serve
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!