- 2 cup water, boiling
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and sauté oats in the butter until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Add theliquid and heat until boiling.
- Reduce to a medium-low, simmer until thickened and resembles gravy, about 30- 40 minutes
- Allow to cool and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Oatmeal can also be cooked in a pressure cooker onhigh for 5 minutes with a natural pressure release.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!