- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 tbsp half and half
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/8 tbsp pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it just starts to brown.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about1 minute.
- Add in the broth andwhisk until combined.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the half and hald and salt andpepper.
- Serve hot.
- If serving with beef, use beef broth. If serving with chicken or turkey, use chicken broth.
- For the smoothest gravy, make sure to whisk continuously while adding broth.
- Can be stored for 7- 8 days in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!