- 1 1-lb. block mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 oz. tomato sauce, warm, for dipping
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 3 x ½-in. sticks.
- Pour the flour into a bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in a second bowl and mix.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Dip the mozzarella sticks into the flour, then the egg mixture,and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Lay the breaded mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet. Place thesheet in the freezer until the sticks become solid (1–2 hrs.).
- Insert the Fry Tray into the Basket. Insert the Basket into theair fryer.
- Set the cooking temperature to 400° F and the cooking timeto 3 mins. Let the air fryer preheat.
- Place the mozzarella sticks in the Basket, being careful not tooverfill. Insert the Basket into the air fryer.
- Set the cooking temperature to 400° F and the cooking timeto 12 mins.
- Serve the mozzarella sticks with the tomato sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!