- 1 1-lb. block mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 oz. tomato sauce, warm,for dipping
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 3 x ½-in. sticks.
- Pour the flour into a bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in a second bowl and mix.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Dip the mozzarella sticks into the flour, then the eggmixture, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Lay the breaded mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet.Place the sheet in the freezer until the sticks become solid(1–2 hrs.).
- Press the French Fry Button (400* F/204° C) and set thecooking time to 3 mins. Let the air fryer preheat.
- Place the mozzarella sticks in the Outer Basket, being carefulnot to overfill. Insert the Outer Basket into the air fryer.Lightly spray each mozzarella stick with oil.
- Press the French Fry Button (400° F/204° C) and set thecooking time to 12 mins.
- Serve the mozzarella sticks with the tomato sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!