- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 1 small onion, peeled & minced
- ½ green pepper, seeded & diced
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup tomato salsa
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 pack empanada shells
- Place a sauté pan on the stove top. Heat the olive oil overhigh heat, add the ground beef, and cook until the meat isbrowned. Discard any excess fat.
- Add the garlic and onion, cover the pan, and cook for 4 mins.
- Lower the heat to low. Add the green pepper, cumin, salsa,sea salt, and black pepper and cook for 10 mins.
- Combine the egg and milk to make an egg wash.
- Place each empanada shell on the countertop. Add some ofthe cooked beef to half of the shells. Brush the edges of theshells with the egg wash, fold the dough over the meat, sealwith a fork, and brush with the egg wash.
- Insert the Fry Tray into the Basket. Insert the Basket into theair fryer.
- Press the French Fry button (400° F) and set the cooking timeto 3 mins. Let the air fryer preheat.
- Place the empanadas (one or two per batch) in the Basket.Insert the Basket into the air fryer.
- Press the French Fry button (400° F) and set the cooking timeto 10 mins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!