- 1 lb. parsnips
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Fresh chopped herbs, optional
- Peel and cut the parsnips into large pieces. Place in amedium-size pot of boiling water and cook until tender.Strain the parsnips and let cool slightly. Place the parsnipsinto a bowl of a food processor or food mill and pureeuntil smooth.
- Place the pureed parsnips into a large mixing bowl. Mixin half of the Parmesan cheese, reserving the remainingcheese to garnish at the end. Sift the flour over theparsnip puree and mix to form a soft dough. If using freshherbs, mix into the dough just enough to incorporate.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into ¾”diameter tubes. Cut the gnocchi to the desired size. Then,roll the individual gnocchi off the back of a dinner fork tomake light indentations into the dough. Carefully lowerthe gnocchi into a pot of boiling water and cook for 2 to 3minutes, or until the gnocchi floats for 1 minute. Removethe gnocchi from the pot onto a plate lined with papertowels.
- In a preheated sauté pan over medium-high heat, sautéthe gnocchi in butter until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!