- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. adobo spice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice
- Coat the bottom of a heavy pot with avocado oil, andadd the diced onion. Sweat until translucent, roughly 5minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté until soft, but beforebrowned. Season with salt, pepper, and adobo spice. Addthe water and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the rice, andcontinue to stir
- Once the rice begins to absorb the water,turn the heat down to a low simmer and put a lid on forabout 15 minutes.
- Once the water has all been absorbed,turn off the heat, stir the rice, and keep the lid on foranother 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!