- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 8 oz (in weight) goat cheese
- Options for vegetables: mushrooms, red bellpepper, zucchini, asparagus yellow squash,carrots, broccoli
- Pour chicken broth into a smallsaucepan. Heat to asimmer.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2tablespoons butter. Add diced onions and diced carrots.Stir and cook for a minute ortwo. Add vegetables(exceptpeas) and cook untilsoft. Sprinkle in salt and stir. Removefrom pan and put on a plate. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butterto thesame pan. Heat over medium-low heat. Add rice and stir,cooking for 1 minute. Add the wine and salt. Stir and cookuntil liquid is absorbed.Overthe next 30 to 45 minutes,add 1 cup ofsimmering broth at a time,stirring andcooking until each addition of broth has absorbed. Addpeas,stirring to combine. Taste to make sure rice istheright texture. Add another helping of broth ifrice hastoomuch bite to it. Check salt content and add more salt ifnecessary.
- Once rice is cooked,remove from heat. Stirin goat cheeseand vegetables until all goat cheese is combined.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!