Lola’s Cheese Krispies
Lola ‘s Cheese Krispies
“When I was growing up, the scent ofthese baking in the oven wasconfirmation Christmas was just aroundthe corner. They couldn’t be simpler tomake and are always a hit. I don’t knowwhere my mom got the recipe, but as faras I’m concerned, it’s hers!"
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne or ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and cheese (by hand or mixer).
- Blend in flour, salt and cayenne pepper
- Add Rice Krispies and blend until the consistencyof dough.
- Form about 40 balls approximately 1 inch indiameter and place on ungreased cookie sheet(s).
- Gently press each piece with the back side of a forktwice – once in one direction and then again at a90-degree angle to the first pressing so they areabout 2 inches in diameter (not too thin or theymay burn).
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes
- Remove from the sheets to cool. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!