MILLE CRÈPE CAKE
MILLE CRÈPE CAKE
- non stick saucepan
- Paper towel
- plastic wrap
- Offset Spatula
- 136 g Granulated Sugar
- 7 pcs Egg
- 8 g Salt
- 45 g Cold Water
- 180 g White Chocolate
- 452 g All Purpose Flour
- 980 g whole milk
- 82 g Melted Butter
- 1 cup Canola Oil
- 9 g Powdered Gelatin
- 815 g Heavy Cream
- 1 pc Vanilla Bean Seeds
- 1 tsp Confectioner’s Sugar
MAKING THE CRÈPES
- Make the crèpe batter:In a large bowl, whisktogether the granulatedsugar, whole eggs, andsalt.
- Add in the flour andcontinue to whisk until itforms a paste. Add in thewhole milk and meltedbutter and whiskthoroughly. (For bestresults, let the batter restovernight or at least for onehour in the refrigerator.)
- Cook the crèpes: In a nonstick saucepan overmedium low heat, light ruba paper towel dipped incanola oil.
- Use a ladle topour a thin layer of thebatter onto the saucepan,turning the pan to cover allthe entire base.
- As thebase of the crèpe cooks, itwill separately and shouldmove away from the paneasily in about 1 to 2minutes.
- Taking yourfingers, gently pull up thecrèpe and flip it over. Cookfor an additional minute orso.
- Place on the side and ina large dish and continue tomake more crèpes with theremaining batter.
MAKING THE WHIPPEDVANILLA GANACHE
- Dissolve the gelatin:Combine the gelatin and thecold water in a small bowland stir until it hascompletely dissolved.
- Let itsit for 5 minutes so thegelatin fully absorbs thewater. 4. Make the hotcream mixture: In a potover medium heat, bringthe cream to a bowl.
- Remove from the heat andwhisk in the gelatin. 5.Make the ganache: Placethe white chocolate in alarge bowl.
- Slowly pour halfof the hot cream over thechocolate and whisk untilincorporated. Add in thevanilla bean seeds.
- Let itset: For best results, wrapthe ganache with plasticwrap pressed against thesurface and let it sitovernight in the fridge or aminimum of 6 hours to allowthe gelatin to set and theganache to chill.
- Whip the ganache:Remove the chilledwhipped ganache from therefrigerator and whisk withit with a stand mixer orhand-held mixer until itforms stiff peaks.
- Stackthe crèpes: Using an offsetspatula, spread on an eventhin layer of the whippedganache on top of a crèpeand top with another crèpe.
- Continue onwards untilyou’ve used roughly 30 to40 layers of crepe. 9.Sprinkle confectioner’ssugar on top to finish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!