- 1 Gourmet oven dish with lid
- 1 sieve
- 1 Hand-held blender
For the joint
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 kg beef (suitable for braising), ready to cook
- 200 g carrots | coarsely diced
- 2 onions | coarsely diced
- 50 g celery | coarsely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 500 ml beef stock
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp oil
For the sauce
- 250 ml water
- 125 g crème fraîche
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tbsp water | cold
- Start the Automatic programme or preheat the oven.
- Heat the oil in the Gourmet oven dish.Sear the beef all over (approx. 1 minuteper side).
- Remove the beef from the dish. Mixtogether the oil, salt and pepper andcoat the beef with the mixture.
- Sauté the vegetables in the Gourmetoven dish. Add the beef and bay leaf.Pour over half of the water and half ofthe beef stock.
- Place the Gourmet oven dish in theoven, cover it and roast.
- After 105 minutes, pour over theremaining beef stock and water andafter a further 10 minutes, take off thelid.
- To make the sauce, remove the beefand bay leaf. Add water as required.
- Place the vegetables and juices in asaucepan and make a purée.
- Pass the purée through a sieve, add the crèmefraîche and bring to the boil.
- Stir the cornflour into the water andthen add it to the sauce to aidthickening. Briefly bring back to theboil. Season with salt and pepper totaste.
- Meat | Beef | Braised beef
- Programme duration: 131 minutes
- Oven functions: Fan Plus
- Temperature: 150–160 °C
- Booster: On
- Pre-heat: On
- Crisp function: Off
- Duration: 120–130 minutes
- Shelf level: 2  (1)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!