Starting new habits such as using up food scraps can be daunting,but starting first thing in the morning can kick things into motion. At home,and at the restaurant, we keep a bin for fruit and vegetable scraps.
- 1 RUNDLIG Bowl
- 1 FÖRTÄRING Drinking straws
- 1 IKEA 365+ Glas
- 1 PROPPMÄTTChopping board
- Brown banana
- Wilted greens
- Fennel fronds
- Celery leaves
- Cilantro stems
- 1 tbsp (4 g) cilantro stems
- ½ brown banana
- 30 g cup wilted salad greens(romaine, kale, spring mix, etc.)
- ½ tsp (3 g) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp (6 g) celery leaves
- 3 tsp (5–10 g) fennel fronds
- ½ cup (95 g) berries (any type, fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (15 ml) peanut butter
- 1 tsp (10 g) hempseed
- 1 cup (250 ml) water or coconut water
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Start on lowand gradually bring to high. Repeat untildesired consistency.
- This recipe can easily be batched in largequantities and frozen. Just pour thesmoothie into regular-sized muffin tins,filling halfway, and then freeze.
- Once frozen, remove the smoothie pucksfrom the muffin tins. If they stick, heatthe pan until they come out. Store in arecyclable container.
- When you’re ready to use, pop 2 pucks in theblender along with plain water or coconutwater, and use the crush ice setting.
- The colour of the smoothie will vary basedon the berries and greens used.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!