WHOLE RADISH PISTOU
WHOLE RADISH PISTOU
When I was a young cook, for 3 years I lived in France where I soakedup the culture and trained in some of the best restaurants in the world.One of my favourite snacks is the simple combination of radishes, butter.
- 1 SINNESRO Plate
- 1 TILLAGD Fork
- Whole radishes
- 2 bunch radishes with greens
- ½ cup (120 g) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (12 g)fleur de sel
- 2 tbsp (18 g) pine nuts
- 1 tbsp (15 g)parmesan cheese,grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml)lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml)olive oil
- Cut the large leaves from the radishes and set aside, while leavingthe small, tender leaves and green stems attached.
- Wash and dry the radishes well and return to the fridge to chill.
- Cube and microwave the butter on the low setting for 30 secondsand give it a stir to check the consistency — it should look like meltedchocolate. This is the most important part of this dish. The butter willseparate if it’s heated too much, and if it’s too cold it won’t be smoothenough to adhere to the radishes in the next step. Microwave it in10-second intervals until it’s the right consistency. If the butter doesseparate, allow it to cool down for a few minutes to room temperatureand then whisk it to a smooth consistency
- Dip and coat the chilled radishes (ensure they are free of any moisturefrom refrigeration) with the softened butter. It may take several layersto build up a light coating. Sprinkle them with the fleur de sel andplace on parchment paper to allow the buttery coating to firm up,about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Toast the pine nuts on a baking tray for 5 to 7 minutes, or until slightlygolden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the toasted pine nuts, radish greens, Parmesan, jalapeño pepper,garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixtureto form a smooth pesto-like consistency.
- To serve, arrange spoonfuls of the pistou on the plate, interspersedwith the radishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!