We have been working directly with small farms since theinception of our restaurants. To us, our connection goes beyondthis weekly transaction of food purchases.
- 1 IKEA 365+ Frying pan
- 1 SANDVIVA Tea-towel
- 1 ÖRTFYLLD Oil & vinegar set
- 3 potatoes worth of skins
- 4 tsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (3½ g) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) brussels sprouts, washed, cleaned,cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- ¼ cup (60 g) parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse the potato skins, pat dry, and seasonwith salt. Coat with 2 tsp (10 ml) of the oliveoil, lay evenly and flat on a baking tray, andplace in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutesuntil crispy and golden. Set aside.
- Turn the oven up to 450°F (230°C).
- Heat a sauté pan on high.
- Once hot, add the butter and remainingolive oil. Once the butter starts to brownand gives off a nutty smell, add the Brusselssprouts, cut side down.
- Add the bacon and turn the heat down tomedium. Season with salt and black pepper.Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts and baconto an ovenproof tray and roast, uncovered,for 5 to 7 minutes. Toss the Brussels sproutsonce or twice until cooked to your liking.I like mine with a little bite.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts and baconfrom the oven. Add the lemon zest andjuice. Garnish with the crispy potato skins.
- Finish with the chili flakes and Parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!