- 1 IKEA 365+ Skillet
- 1 POKAL Glass
- 1 BESEGRA Bowl
- 1 SANDVIVA Tea-towel
- Turnip greens
- Wilted spinach
- 1 tbsp tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (2 g) fresh thyme leaves,removed from stems
- ½ cup (125 g) turnip greens,leaves roughly chopped, stemsfinely chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 9½ cups (283 g) wiltedbaby spinach to taste fine sea salt
- ½ cup (113 g) feta(block, not crumbled, ideallyaround ½-inch (1 cm) thick)
- 4 eggs
- splash hot sauce
- 1 small heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup (45 g) kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (ideally one that fits inyour oven) over medium heat. Add the garlic and thymeleaves, cooking until the garlic is fragrant and startingto soften, about 1 minute.
- Add the turnip stems and leaves, stirring occasionally untilthe stems start to soften and greens begin to grow tender,about 2 minutes. Add the spinach in 2 to 3 batches, stirringoccasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Lightly seasonto taste with the sea salt.
- Make 5 indentations in the greens to create nests forthe feta and eggs. Place the feta in 1, and carefully crackan egg into each of the other 4. Bake until the egg whitesare set and the yolks are cooked to your liking, 5 to 10minutes. If your skillet is too large for your oven, or isn’tovenproof, use a smaller skillet, split the ingredientsbetween 2 skillets, or use another ovenproof dish.
- To serve, divide the eggs, greens, and feta between 2 plates.If desired, sprinkle with hot sauce and garnish each platewith half of the tomato, cucumber, and olives.
Baking the single slab of feta results in a texture that’s a little chewy on the outside, and soft and creamy on the inside. If you can only find crumbled feta, wait to add it until the very end of the baking time or right before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!