I often save food scraps throughout the week — everything from chickenparts and fish heads, to vegetable trimmings. Usually, these discardedscraps end up in my weekly soup stock.
- 1 VARDAGEN Pot
- 1 FASCINERA Chopping board
- 1 JÄMFÖRA Knife
- Wilted vegetables
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups (80 g) Onion, minced
- 4 cups (512 g) carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 cups (350 g) bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups (202 g) celery, diced
- 2 cups (280 g) yukon gold potato,peeled and cubed
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) heavy cream, 18%
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp tbsp (6 g) chives, chopped
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat,add the vegetable oil and garlic. Sweat thegarlic until it becomes aromatic, about3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and sauté forabout 10 to 12 minutes, or until the onionbecomes translucent.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add thevegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for about8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, only fillingthe blender halfway to avoid overflow,and purée to a smooth consistency.
- Return puréed vegetable soup to the potand add the cream. Bring to a simmer andseason with salt.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!