- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk (save the egg white)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Sift flour and salt
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg yolk.
- Add sifted flour/salt
- Add vanilla and milk.
- Form into small balls. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- . Butter the bottom of a drinking glass, dip in sugar (regular or colored),press on balls to flatten. Tip: You must do this each time you press acookie or it will stick to the glass.
- Bush egg white on top of each cookie. Sprinkle with walnuts (or othernut of choice)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Watch for the edges to getgolden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!