For the crust:
- 3 & 1/3 sticks butter softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
For the topping:
- 3 sticks butter
- 3⁄4 cups honey
- 1 lb. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 lbs. pecans chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12 x 17 baking sheet with non-stick foil for easy removal.
- For the crust, beat the butter and the granulated sugar in the bowl of an electricmixer fitted with a paddle attachment, until light, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and the salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed butter-sugar-eggs mixture until justcombined leaving streaks of flour for a softer crust. Press the dough evenly intothe baking sheet. It will be very sticky but sprinkle the dough and your handslightly with flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the crust is set but not browned.
- Set to cool.
- For the topping, place the butter, honey, brown sugar in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the butter is melted stirring gently with arubber spatula.
- Raise to medium high heat and let the mixture boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the pecans, heavy cream and vanilla.
- Pour over the pecan mixture into the crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes untilthe filling is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate until cold. Cut into bars and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!