BBQ Chicken PIZZA
bbq chicken pizza
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- ½ tbsp. molasses
- ½ tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground
- black pepper
- 10 oz pizza dough
- all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jackcheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken orrotisserie chicken
- ½ green bell pepper,seeded & sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly
- Place the Pizza Grill on an outdoor grill or gas stovetop. Place the pizza stone inside the Pizza Grill.Preheat the Pizza Grill to 500° F/260° C.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove top, combinethe vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, cayennepepper, and black pepper. Bring the mixture toa simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Allow theBBQ Sauce to simmer until slightly thickened(10–15 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Flour the dough to make it easier to handle and rollit out to form a circle. Sprinkle the pizza peel withcornmeal to help the dough slide off the peel. Placethe dough on the pizza peel.
- Top the dough with ¼ cup BBQ Sauce and thecheese, chicken, pepper, and onion, leaving roomfor a crust.
- Use the pizza peel to slide the pizza into the Pizza Grill. Cook until the pizza is done (8–10 minutes).
- Serve with the rest of the BBQ Sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!