- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 can 800g peeled tomatoes
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Put oil in a large saucepan over medium-low/low heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic, reducethe heat, and stir until soft and fragrant,about 5 minutes. Be careful to keep the heatlow enough so that garlic does not burn.
- Add the canned tomatoes with the salt.
- Increase the heat so that the mixture comesjust to a boil. Reduce the heat immediatelyto maintain a low simmer. Allow to simmer toreduce by about one-third, about 20minutes.
- Use the hand blender to blend until smooth.Add in the basil and Parmesan, if using.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!