Recipe Booklet Cuisinart
GRIDDLER & DEEP PAN
You will absolutely love the Griddler & Deep Pan. A grill designed for ultimate versatility, ease, and convenience – not to mention deliciousness every time!
We understand life can get very busy and demanding, and learning how to use a new kitchen appliance and perfecting the results can be an effort and time-consuming ordeal.
Here below is a quick guide on how to get you started, with unfailing recipes of minimal hassle and maximum taste. Our goal in designing these recipes was to showcase the meal opportunities you can create with your every day pantry basics and other common kitchen staples – hopefully creating a platform in igniting meal inspiration.
Nylon tongs: to turn steaks, chicken, shellfish, and vegetables Heavy-duty spatula: to flip burgers and delicate fish fillets Pastry brushes: to brush oil, glazes, and barbecue sauces Canola or vegetable oil: These neutral oils are best for grilling since they don’t add flavor and have a high smoking point Inexpensive instant-read thermometer: to check the internal temperature of meat “TAKE 5” Removing meat from the grill when it is about 5 degrees below the desired middle internal temperature then loosely covering with foil and leaving to sit for 5 to 15 minutes before slicing, allows the juices to redistribute, for a tenderer piece of meat or fish.
- Start with the best steak you can buy
- Look for bright red color and marbling
- For higher quality cuts look for MSA-graded meat labels. Good cuts for grilling are Scotch Fillet/Rib Eye, Porterhouse, Rump, and Eye Fillet.
- The most important element in grilling is thickness: at least 2.5cm to 4cm thick
- The grill should be as hot as possible (230°C) to sear meat and seal in juices before reducing the temperature. Always wait until the grill is preheated.
- Meat should be at room temperature where possible 30 minutes out of the fridge.
- Do not season until ready to cook
QUICK TIPS GUIDE
|Food||Thickness/ Weight||Temp.||Approx timings|
Steak – Med. Rare (Closed position)
|Hamburger Patty||2cm depth||230ºC||7-9 mins|
|Chop (bone in or boneless)||2cm||180°C||8-12 mins|
|Loin boneless||2cm – 2.5cm||180°C||10 mins|
|Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)||170g – 225g||180°C||10-12 mins|
|Chicken Pieces (bone in, assorted)||85g – 170g||180°C||25-35 mins|
|Kebab||2cm – 3.5cm||230ºC||8-10 mins|
Fish, Fillet, or Steak
|2cm – 2.5cm||230ºC||3-4 mins|
|3cm – 3.5cm||230ºC||4-6 mins|
|Whole Fish||450g||180°C||12-15 mins|
|Asparagus||1cm stem width||230ºC||5 mins|
|Onion||1cm slices||230ºC||6-8 mins|
|Potato||0.5cm slices||230ºC||10-12 mins|
|Zucchini||1.5cm slices||230ºC||5 mins|
|Eggplant||1cm slices||230ºC||5 mins|