- ½ garlic clove
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- 1 can (440g) chickpeas, rinsed &drained
- ¹⁄³ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water plus 2 tbsp
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¹⁄8 tsp paprika (optional)
- Drop the garlic into the mixing beaker andprocess with hand blender. approx. 10seconds
- Add remaining ingredients (leave 1tbsp of oilaside), and blend, keeping the blade guardcompletely submerged, until the mixturestarts to emulsify. Continue, using a gentleup-and-down motion, until homogeneous,about 30 seconds
- For serving, transfer hummus to a shallowbowl. Make a slight indentation in the centerof the dip and fll with the remainingtablespoon of oil. Sprinkle the paprika, overthe oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!