- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tsps fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp sea salt flakes
- 200 gms unsalted butter, melted and keptslightly warm
- Warm water, as needed
- Put the egg yolks, lemon juice and salt intothe mixing beaker. Slowly pour the warmbutter into the mixing beaker, carefully leaving behind any white milk solids on thebottom of the pot. Allow to rest for about 1minute.
- Insert the blending shaft into the mixingbeaker so that the blade guard touches thebottom of the mixing beaker. Blend, keepingthe blade on the bottom. Once theingredients thicken and start to emulsify,continue processing, using a gentle up-anddown motion, until thick and all theingredients are incorporated.
- If sauce is too thick, blend in warm water, 1tsp at a time, until desired consistency isachieved (approximately 2 tbl total).
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serveimmediately or transfer to a double boiler tokeep warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!