Gourmet Steak & Cheese Sandwich
Grilled Lemon & Thyme Salmon
- 2 beef sirloin steaks
- ¹/³ cup Smokey BBQ sauce
- 4 slices baked sourdough or ciabatta
- ¹/³ cup (100g) mustard
- 2 slices thin cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- ¹/³ cup of coarsely grated carrot
- 60 g baby rocket leavesOlive oil spray
- Turn on Grill. and set to 230°C to pre heat.
- Put the steaks on the preheated lower grillplate and close. Sear for 2 minutes. For timingsit depends on thickness and desired doneness(refer to Quick Tips Grill Times), regardless ofcooking time, rest for 5 minutes on a plate lightly covered with foil.
- Turn unit off and when cooled down, give theplates a quick wipe with some damp papertowels then turn unit back on. Select Grill andset to 200°C.
- Assemble sandwiches on a work surface.Spread the inner-sides of bread with mustard.Then add as follows cheese, steak, BBQ sauce,tomato, carrot and rocket. Top with remainingbread. Lightly spray both plates with olive oil.
- Once preheated place the sandwiches on theplate and free the floating hinge. Press thesandwiches firmly when closing the grill and setthe count-up timer. Keep it pressed for aboutone minute. Continue cooking for about 6minutes total, until bread is golden and cheeseis melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!