- 225 g kidney beans, soaked overnight
- 100 g sliced bacon, diced
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 cups water or low salt chicken stock
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp flaked salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Select the Sauté function of the rice cooker,and press Start/Stop.Once hot, add the bacon.Cook until lightly browned. Add the onion andsauté until softened, about 2 minutes. PressStart/Stop to stop the Sauté function.
- Drain and rinse the beans and then add to thecooking pot, along with the remainingingredients. Select the Beans function for 3½hours and press Start/Stop.
- Once the audible tone has sounded to indicatethe end of cooking, open the lid and stir tomix. Taste and adjust seasoning and serveimmediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!