This is a recipe out of a cookbook that was given to my momas a wedding present from my grandmother (her mom). Thisspecific recipe from the cookbook is from my greatgrandmother (my grandmother’s mother-in-law) and hasbeen in the family for 4 generations now.
- 6-7 large apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- Peel and dice 6-7 large apples and mix with 2 tsp cinnamon and5 tbs sugar.
- Mix the batter: 3 cups flour, 2 1/4 cups sugar, 1 cup vegetable oil,4 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tsp baking powder,1/3 cup of orange juice.
- Layer batter and apples into a cake pan (cake then apples X3).
- Bake at 350 for 1.5-2 hrs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!