- 500 g wheat flour
- 250 g almonds
- 250 g soft butter
- 300 g honey
- 2 eggs
- 4 dsp rum
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp powdered cloves
- 400 g raspberry and apricotjam
- 2 cake tins, à 26 cmdiameter
- Finely chop half of the almonds in the blender at the highest setting.
- Then chop the second half (the ground almonds have a finer texture this way). As an option the grater attachment can be mounted on the mincer and the almonds ground finely here.
- Mix the soft butter and the honey in the mixing bowl with the dough hook. Add the eggs, spices, cocoa and rum and mix together.
- Add the wheat flour and ground almonds and mix everything to a smooth dough.
- Leave the dough to stand in the fridge for approx. 1 hour. Grease the loose-based cake tins.
- Take 1/3 of the dough and place it aside. Roll out the remaining 2/3 of the dough and cut out circles to line the bases of the cake tins, forming an edge 2 cm high.
- Spread 200 g jam on each base.
- Roll out the rest of the dough and cut it into narrow strips. Lay the strips in a criss-cross pattern over the jam and brush with milk. Put into the preheated oven and bake for 75 min. at 160°C.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!