- 600 g wholemeal wheat flour
- 1 packet dried yeast
- just under 500 mllukewarm water
- 11/2 dsp sea salt
- 3 dsp finely choppedchives
- 3 dsp finely choppedparsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 dsp water
- Put lukewarm water and yeast into the mixing bowl (dough hook) and stir.
- Add wholemeal wheat flour and sea salt. Mix all the ingredients until a smooth dough is formed
- Add the chives and parsley towards the end of the kneading time.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it has visibly increased in volume. Knead it again well.
- Make 8 oblong rolls about 15 cm long from the dough. Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and allow to rise again in a warm place until they are visibly bigger.
- Cut 4 – 5 diagonal lines 1 cm deep in the surface of each baguette.
- Beat the egg yolk with the water and brush the herby baguettes with this. Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 20 – 30 min at 175 – 200°C.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!